Last year, I had a goal to read more Nonfiction Picture Books. As a way to hold me accountable, I helped set up the Nonfiction Picture Book Challenge (#NFPB2012).
In 2011, I read 55 nonfiction picture books. In 2012, with the challenge, I read 86 nonfiction picture books and 6 more nonfiction MG/YA books of longer lengths. With the coming of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and the emphasis on nonfiction or informational text, I feel the need to keep on top of what is being released. Since I had a lot of fun with this challenge last year, I am hosting it again this year.
My goal will be to read as many 2013 nonfiction picture books that I can find and try to increase my reading of MG/YA nonfiction books of longer lengths.
Here are the details if you would like to participate in the challenge:
1. Set a goal as to how many nonfiction picture books (or nonfiction MG or YA books) you would like to read over the course of 2013. Maybe you want to read one a month or one a week. Will they all be from 2013 or will you be reading ones previously published? Set a goal that will be fun and not stressful.
2. I will be posting my nonfiction book reviews and posts on Wednesdays. There will be a link if you want to connect up one of your reviews or progress towards your goal.
3. There may be giveaways. Keep an eye out for details.
4. If you would like to participate in this challenge, please link up your blog or GoodReads Shelf using the Widget below.
5. If you tweet about what you are reading as part of this challenge, please use the twitter hashtag #nfpb2013.
6. Finally, feel free to grab one of the Challenge images used in this blog post. I am working to get the html for bloggers to grab the badge for their websites. Good luck everyone and happy reading in 2013.
Link up with your blog: