The Follower Love Giveaway Hop event is organized by Kathy from I Am A Reader, Not A Writer. Over 200 blogs have signed up to host a book related giveaway and we are all linked up together so you can easily hop from one giveaway to another. The hop runs from Tuesday, February 8th through Sunday, February 13th.
2011 Debut Author Challenge Giveaway Theme - I decided to giveaway two books that have been on my much wanted to read list.
Giveaway # 1 The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
Freak. That's what her classmates call seventeen-year-old Donna Underwood. When she was seven, a horrific fey attack killed her father and drove her mother mad. Donna's own nearly fatal injuries from the assault were fixed by magic—the iron tattoos branding her hands and arms. The child of alchemists, Donna feels cursed by the magical heritage that destroyed her parents and any chance she had for a normal life. The only thing that keeps her sane and grounded is her relationship with her best friend, Navin Sharma.
When the darkest outcasts of Faerie—the vicious wood elves—abduct Navin, Donna finally has to accept her role in the centuries old war between the humans and the fey. Assisted by Xan, a gorgeous half-fey dropout with secrets of his own, Donna races to save her friend—even if it means betraying everything her parents and the alchemist community fought to the death to protect.
Giveaway #2 Clarity by Kim Harrington (Advanced Reader Copy - book releases in March 2011)
Description from GoodReads:
When you can see things others can't, where do you look for the truth?
This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.
Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.
And a curse.
When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?
Rules for the Contest:
1. Please do not enter any personal information in the comments section, you must complete the Entry Form to officially enter the contest.
2. The Contest runs from 12:00 a.m. PST on February 8, 2011 to 11:59 p.m. PST on February 13th.
3. You must be a follower of this blog to enter.
4. You must be 13 or older to participate in this contest.
5. You must indicate which giveaway that you would like to be entered into. You may enter both.
6. If you are selected as a winner, I will notify you by e-mail. If you do not respond within 48 hours, I will select a new winner.
8. International participants are welcome to enter the contest.