Back in April, I had a chance to meet James and some other illustrator/authors while waiting for Oliver Jeffers to arrive at a book signing. I have been highly anticipating James' picture book/graphic novel for months now. If you want to read my review of Gabby & Gator, click here.
Alethea (@frootjoos) and the other great folks over at Borders/Glendale were able to arrange for the book party. James was a little nervous, but very excited. He kicked off the event with a couple of magic tricks to warm up the audience. And then did some drawings which were eventually given away to young fans.
There was also a drawing for a painting of Gabby (the main character in the Gabby & Gator book). And this young winner was quite happy to win.
James also took time to personalize each book with either a drawing of Gabby or Gator. Fans were thrilled.
In celebration of Gabby & Gator, and to help get it into the hands of at least one reader, I am giving away a signed copy of James' book. Not only did he sign it, but there is sketch of Gator too. It is a great gift for a child or a teacher. The contest is open to U.S. and Canadian readers.
Rules for the Contest:
1. All participants must complete the embedded entry form.
2. Participants must be 13 years or older to enter.
3. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PDT on October 15, 2010.
4. Participants must have a U.S. or Canadian postal address.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. Winners will be selected by random.org