This year, I am trying to increase my awareness of the many good things that happen, which are frequently overlooked by me. To help me, I am joining Ruth Ayres' Celebrate This Week.
Here's what I am thankful for this week...
Some weeks it is a bit more of a challenge to find things to celebrate. This was one of those weeks. On Friday, I posted on facebook...
I am so happy to have made it to Friday. *collapses on couch*There were a few times in the week that I wondered if I would make it to the end of the week with my sanity intact.
However, I did make it through the week and there were some highlights for me.
1. The classroom teachers and students that I am working with are part of the highlight of the week for me. No matter what else is happening I know that when I enter the classroom to work with a teacher and students that I have been transported into a wonderful place. Watching kids learn and be excited about something and try really hard to do well is the best thing in the world.
2. I had lunch with James Mattson and Barbara Brauner this week to plan a Special Edition of a Literacy Café for their visit to one of the elementary schools that I work with. I will report back how it went next week. In addition to some great brainstorming, I had such a lovely time chatting with them about their writing partnership and books and well more books.
3. This week I was also invited to a special dinner by my local Simon & Schuster Rep for Morgan Matson who has a new book called Since You've Been Gone. Morgan is charming and everyone had fun chatting with her. She was a former bookseller at Vroman's before life took her in the direction of becoming a writer.
At the end, Kelly Stidham (Simon & Schuster) did some impromptu book talking from the back of her car. And then I received a special bag of goodies (see below).
4. Today, I will be helping out at the Pasadena Teen Book Fest, which will be held at the Pasadena Public Library. I am very much looking forward to all the fun we will have. I will also be moderating a Middle Grade Panel at the end of the day.
5. Finally, I am thankful for friends. I don't have pictures of everyone I want to include and I likely couldn't remember to list everyone who did something special for me this week or just let me vent when I needed to or helped me out with something but I am rich in friendships. And for that I am most thankful!