Hi Ellen and Ian - Welcome to Kid Lit Frenzy. I am so excited that you are willing to answer a few questions about your favorite books.
Since it is time for summer reading, I am looking for some book recommendations and I am hoping that you can help.
OTIS DOODA made me laugh. Can you name your top 3 summer reads that will make kids laugh?
1.The BFG, by Roald Dahl (those Whizzpoppers get me every time).
2. Mrs. Piggle Wiggle by Betty MacDonald (I know a few Thought-You-Saiders that could use some of Mrs. Piggle Wiggle’s potions).
3. The Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar (pure ridiculous fun).
Of course, Otis has a bit of a mystery to solve and some adventures. What 3 mysteries or adventure stories do you recommend?
1. Enola Holmes series by Nancy Springer (did you know Sherlock Holmes had a brilliant crime-solving sister? And that she rocks?)
2. Gilda Joyce Psychic Investigator series by Jennifer Allison (you will fall in love with Gilda, I promise!)
3. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin (quirky fiction at its finest)
What 3 books (any genres) do you think Otis would recommend to readers?
1. Brick City by Warren Elsmore (it’s all about Legos, of course!)
2. Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger (love this book, you will)
3. The Adventures of Tintin by Herge (Great snakes, this series is exciting!)
And Ian, just curious, what is in your summer “to-read” pile?
1. The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee by Tom Angleberger (because I loved Origami Yoda)
2. Alex Rider: Eagle Strike by Anthony Horowitz (I like all the spy gadgets)
3. Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White (I have a signed copy form E.B. White’s granddaughter! Plus E.B. White liked dachshunds and so do I.)
|Ian's friend Nigel guarding the pile of summer reading.|
Check out the official book trailer:
And don't forget to check out illustrator, David Heatley's Guest Post.
Thanks to Ellen, I am giving away a signed copy of Otis Dooda: Strange But True. Open to those with a US mailing address.
a Rafflecopter giveaway