Welcome to the Nonfiction Picture Book Challenge! I am excited to share that this fabulous community of readers will be embarking on our 8th year of celebrating nonfiction. Once again, I am inviting you to join me on this amazing journey of books and learning.
This year, I am exploring ways to expand and feature more posts on nonfiction. Though it is great to get the word out about new titles being released, I would like to explore more lesson ideas and other ways to support nonfiction in the classroom. I would love to hear what would be helpful to you and other teachers and librarians. Feel free to make suggestions in the comment section.
Stop by next week to learn about new releases that will be coming out in January and February 2019.
For those of you, who are new to the Nonfiction Picture Book Challenge, I want to welcome you and encourage you to read the guidelines below.
If you would like to participate in the challenge in 2019, here are the details:
1. Set a goal as to how many nonfiction picture books (or nonfiction MG or YA books) you would like to read over the course of 2019. Maybe you want to read one a month or one a week. Will they all be from 2019 or will you be reading ones previously published? Do you have a gap with a particular area of nonfiction? The important part is to set a goal that will be fun and not stressful.
2. My nonfiction book reviews and posts will be on Wednesdays (and one additional day). There will be a link if you want to connect up one of your reviews or progress towards your goal. If you post on Mondays (Nonfiction Mondays) or Fridays (STEM Fridays), please feel free to link up on Wednesdays with us, we would love to get to know more bloggers talking about nonfiction.
3. There will be interviews, guest posts, giveaways, and new release posts for you to check out.
4. If you would like to participate in this challenge, please link up your blog or GoodReads Shelf using the Widget at the very bottom of the post. Please know that you can join in at anytime throughout the year.
5. If you tweet about what you are reading as part of this challenge, please use the twitter hashtag #nfpb2019.
6. You are welcome to grab the image at the top of the post to use in your weekly posts.
7. On behalf of this community, we welcome your participation and look forward to learning about the books that you have discovered.
Please use the link up widget below to link up a review or your challenge goals.