In November, Michele Knott of Mrs. Knott's Book Nook and I shared our Mock Sibert Posts. Check out these links to learn more about the Mock Sibert Challenge.
Mock Sibert Challenge Part I
Mock Sibert Challenge Part II
Mock Sibert Challenge Part III
Mrs. Knott's Book Nook Mock Sibert Part I
Mrs. Knott's Book Nook Mock Sibert Part II
Mrs. Knott's Book Nook Mock Sibert Part III
Since our initial posts, I have enjoyed watching a number of people talk about the Mock Sibert Challenges that they have done at their schools and libraries. With the announcements of the Youth Media Awards and the actual Sibert Award just around the corner, I am making my predictions. However, this year, I feel like there is one book that will most definitely win but I don't have a strong sense of what other books will win. Below I will list the books I think might actually win and see how right I am in the end.
Mock Sibert Announcements
If you posted your Mock Sibert predictions or hosted a Mock Sibert Club at your school, please link up below and enter the giveaway. (You are welcome to link up twice - once for the challenge and once for the Sibert.)
Here are my predictions:
Winner: Some Writer! The Story of E.B. White by Melissa Sweet (HMH Books for Young Readers)
Sachiko: A Nagasaki Bomb Survivor's Story by Caren Stelson (Carolrhoda Books)
Giant Squid by Candace Fleming; Illustrated by Eric Rohmann (Roaring Brook Press)
Esquivel! - Space Age Sound Artist by Susan Wood; Illustrated by Duncan Tonatiuh (Charlesbridge)
A Poem for Peter by Andrea Davis Pinkney; Illustrated by Steve Johnson & Lou Fancher
For fun, I am doing a Sibert Giveaway. Here are the rules:
1. You must complete a Mock Sibert post with your own predictions (or the predictions of your class) by Sunday, January 22, 2017 and add the link below and a comment in the comments section.
2. A Winner will be randomly selected on Tuesday, January 24th and announced on Wednesday, January 25th here on the blog.
3. You must be 13 years or older to enter (or have a parent enter on your behalf).
4. You must have a US or Canadian mailing address or if the book is available through Book Depository and they deliver to your country, please feel free to enter.
5. Winner will receive a copy of the 2017 Sibert Winner (or if you already own that book then one of the honor titles).
6. Special prize: If more than one of my predictions are correct, then the winner will receive a complete set of the 2017 Sibert titles (winner and all honor books selected this year).
7. Please do not add personal information like your email or mailing address in the comments.
Link up below to enter the #NFPB2017 Challenge and/or to share your Mock Sibert posts: