There is a slight disadvantage to being on the west coast and participating in the Slice of Life Challenge - simply, if you do not finish the posting your slice the evening before and wait to do it after work you may only have 20 minutes to write it, especially if you get home at nearly 8 p.m. I keep reminding myself that the weekend is coming, and that the best thing is to show up and write and that opting out is not an option. I have come close every day this week to saying "enough" and giving up but I am hanging in.
Given that I need an attitude adjustment, I am going to just make a list of 5 things from today that I am thankful for in no particular order.
- I am thankful publishing parties where students get to celebrate writing.
- I am thankful for my two cats who greeted me at the door with excitement (even if part of the reason is that they want food).
- I am thankful for our District's KLRN staff for all the work they have done and still are doing on a video about the Writing Workshop Pilot.
- I am thankful for a box of books that greeted me at my door when I arrived home tonight.
- I am thankful for friends that I can reach out to when I have questions.
For the month of March, I will be writing and posting daily as part of the Slice of Life C. Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers for hosting the March Slice of Life Challenge. hallenge