|An Abrahms Rep with some of their Award Winners!!!|
Here are some of my highlights:
* Meeting up with Twitter Pals such as Mr. Schu (@mrschureads), Shannon Messenger (@sw_messenger), Suzanne Santillan (@suesantillan), Cindy Pon (@cindypon) and many, many more...
* Being invited to a special luncheon hosted by MacMillan Children's Publishing Group on behalf of Mary Pearson (if you haven't read Mary's books go out and do so immediately) - not only did I get to spend time with Mary but also some wonderful ALA folks like Teri Lesesne, Walter Mayes, Liz Burns among others
* Spending time with my book buds Alethea (@frootjoos) and Marianne (@penwallace)
* Hearing Mitali Perkins speak at the USBBY Presentation
* Chatting with author/illustrator Kathryn Otoshi - she signed a copy of ZERO & ONE for me
* Networking with Publishers, Sales Reps, Editors, and more
And of course....Attending the Press Conference for the ALA Youth Media Awards
|Congratulations to Random House on some heavy medal winners!!!|
|I was a lucky receiver of a signed copy of JANIS JOPLIN by Ann Angel. Winner of the YALSA Excellence in Non-fiction.|
Speaking of the ALA Youth Media Award...
Congratulations to THE PIRATE OF KINDERGARTEN for receiving a Schneider Family Award for Picture Book. This was featured in my National Inclusive School's Week picks.
Congratulations to JIMI: SOUNDS LIKE A RAINBOW which received the Coretta Scott King Illustrator honor award. Another book I really loved and featured on the blog.